I’m taking some time to write here now, I have finished my academic year and I’m currently in summer break.
Even if I havent writen about it here (time is expensive :-D), the developement of Annwvyn has progressed througout the last mounths.
So, I can’t even recall all the changes without looking the commit logs.
Here’s a more or less chronological list of the changes since last blog post
- Player object has now it’s own class (as it should have been since the begining)
- Observer patern based event system
- Direct 3D compatibility is on hold and is not in the roadmap
- Base resources of the engine packaged into CORE.zip automaticly loaded by all Annwvyn Applications
- GameObject atRefresh() call is done at a time where position/oritenation of the player’s head is known
- MSVC project automaticly copy .DLL files at update (facilitate tweaking the engine in live for me)
- Object can selectively colide or not with player’s body
- Linux version temporarly switch x11 keyboard layout to qwerty us
- Isolate physics code into an PhysicsEngine class
- AnnEngine is know kind of a singleton class
- Better skydome management
- Make the engine logging more verbose
- Put to trash old ‘JoystickController’ system
- Correct a bunch of memory problems
- Precompilled headers for speeding up compilation time are now in use everywere
- Player’s physics mode is no longer oversized
- Remove stream to file redirection in test program. Add code to open a Windows console with stdin, stdout and stderr
- Use own class for math object (Vector3 and Quaternion). They are derivated from OGRE objects. I’m just adding methods to get them in other formats easily
- In-engine debug console that show output log in real time
- Upgrade of the rendering pipeline to use OVR 0.6 on Windows. Direct mode is working. This changes is using low-level OpenGL code insode of Annwvyn and isn’t DirectX compatible
- Remove Gorilla
- Debug AudioEngine, manage Audio buffer correctly
- AnnDebug() class to get a stream to the logger system
- Add a real level management system
Windows 64 bit is still polishing, a version of the engine has been tagged with version nubmer 0.0.10-exeperimental
EDIT June 21 : This is done. The download page has been updated. I’m still uploading the files but it will not take long.
I will try to post more updates here on what’s comming.
See ya! 😀
Source: New feed